Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cookie lessons...

Have you ever made a batch of chocolate chip cookies forgetting to add a tiny bit of salt? It seems like such a small thing compared to the rest of the ingredients.  But a pinch of salt brings out the flavor of the cookie.  It tastes even sweeter somehow.

My daughter, Krisi, and I must have been hungry when we were brainstorming a name for this blog, but sweet and salty made sense.  I am in ministry with Priority Associates of Cru Global (Campus Crusade for Christ).  I work as a teacher/mentor/Christian life coach. I love it. I get to spend my time sharing the truth, the "sweetness" of God's word with women who are hungry for it.

And, as a Christ follower, I have been called to be the salt of the earth. In other words, I have the opportunity and privilege of enhancing the truth of God's Word by living it out, day by day.  When I teach what God's Word has to say about prayer, the Spirit-filled life, or rejoicing in suffering, for instance, I add flavor to that truth when others observe it demonstrated in my life.

Sweet and Salty. A pretty good summary of my ministry with Priority Associates. And a pretty good summary of what I want to be recording here in the days ahead; sometimes, how God is instructing me through His Word; sometimes how He is empowering me to live it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment